Six recycling centres set for Spring clean in May
During May six Oxfordshire County Council’s Household Waste Recycling Centres will be closing for two days to carry out a deep clean and essential maintenance at the sites.
This is part of the council’s planned approach to maintenance, and is designed to keep sites safe, looking clean and fresh and helping improve the customer experience when using these much valued facilities.
Only one site will be closed at any one time and all other sites will be open on those days. Residents are asked to plan ahead for these closures, ideally holding on to your waste until the site reopens or if that is not possible visiting one of the neighbouring sites.
Site Closure Dates
- Alkerton - Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th May
- Ardley - Tuesday 14th & Wednesday 15th May
- Drayton - Thursday 16th & Friday 17th May
- Stanford - Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd May
- Oakley Wood- Thursday 23rd & Friday 24th May
- Redbridge - Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th May
For those residents with permits, please note that these can be used at any of the sites.
Steve Burdis, Principal Officer for the County Council Waste Team said ‘The deep cleans of our sites enable us to carry out essential cleaning and maintenance including jet washing the sites and structures, repainting lines and safety areas, along with other general and grounds maintenance ahead of the busy summer months.
“All closures are on quieter midweek days to minimise disruption and sites will reopen at 8am the following day. For practical and safety reasons we need to close the sites for this short period and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank residents for their understanding.”
Notes to Editors etc
All sites included in this programme are operated under contract by W&S Recycling. This work is a contractual requirement and was introduced when the Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) contract was re-let in October 2017.
List of Household Waste Recycling Centres addresses, including postcodes for Sat Nav’s
- Alkerton HWRC, Stratford Road Nr Banbury, OX15 6HZ
- Ardley HWRC, Brackley Road, Ardley, OX27 7PH
- Dix Pit, Linch Hill, Stanton Harcourt, OX29 5BB
- Drayton HWRC, Steventon Road, Drayton, Nr Abingdon, OX14 4LA
- Oakley Wood HWRC, Henley Road, Crowmarsh Nr Wallingford, OX10 6PW
- Redbridge HWRC, Old Abingdon Road, Oxford, OX1 4XG
- Stanford HWRC, Faringdon Road, Stanford in the Vale, SN7 8LD
Please note that Dix Pit HWRC which is operated by FCC Environment is not included in this round of Deep Cleans