National seven hour fire service strike period over
Updated 17.10pm 21 June 2014.
Oxfordshire County Council's Fire and Rescue Service will responded to every 999 call it received and had 19 fire appliances avaialable during this time.
In total, during the seven hour period 1000 - 1700 the service attended five incidents:
- A road traffic collision on the A34 – crews assisted the ambulance service with no persons trapped.
- A person locked in at a premises in Witney
- Car fire on the A40 near Eynsham
- A medical call from the ambulance service to Lord Williams School Thame – Thame crew responded and administered first aid
- Child marooned over a stream in Banbury – assisted to safety by firefighters.