Information on the firefighter strike affecting Oxfordshire: 10am-7pm, Thursday 10 July
More information about the contingency arrangements that are in place locally can be found here.
During the nine hours of the strike, firefighters responded to the following incidents during the strike period
- Firefighters went to a false alarm in Creswell Close, Yarnton after receiving a call at 12.05pm. An alarm had been tested without taking the relevant system offline
- An emergency call at 12.08pm took a Banbury fire crew to the town's Sainsbury's car park in Oxford Road, where a winch was used to release an adult from a vehicle that had been involved in a road traffic collision. The person was put into the care of the ambulance service
- Two crews from Witney and another from Burford are at Manor Farm, Broughton Poggs, near the Oxfordshire-Gloucestershire county boundary, to deal with a fire involving silage and tractor tyres, having received a call at 2pm
- One crew from Faringdon attended a fire alarm that had been set off as a result of food being cooked at sheltered housing on Swan Lane at 3:10pm.
- One crew from The Slade attended a wood chippings fire at Valencia Road, Headington at 3:45pm
- One crew from Rewley Road fire station in Oxford attended a fire alarm at Field House, West Way, Botley at 3:50pm
- One crew from Oxford attended a fire alarm at Windale House Sheltered Housing in Field Avenue, Oxford at 4:45pm