Half-term fun on the menu at The Oxfordshire Museum
Families wondering how to keep the children occupied this half-term need look no further than The Oxfordshire Museum for inspiration.
The Woodstock-based attraction is pulling out all the stops for youngsters next week - with music, stories, crafts and treasure hunts on the menu.
The fun and games begin on Saturday (10 Feb) with a Year of the Dog celebration and Chinese lantern-making. Special events will continue on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with music and rhymes for under-fives, treasure trails and ‘magical mobiles’ among the activities.
Full list of half-term events at The Oxfordshire Museum:
Saturday 10th February
- Year of Dog Chinese celebration event. Story-telling and make Chinese lanterns with Snowflake Books. 2-4pm Free family fun activities for all.
Tuesday 13th February
- TOM Tots: Music, stories and rhymes for the under 5s. 10.30 – 11 am. £1 per child. £2.50 per family.
- Family Fun craft drop-in: Paper Prints. Make paper designs large and small using print and collage Lucienne Day style. 2 – 4pm £2 per child. £5 per family
Wednesday 14th February
- Trash and Treasure Family workshop – suitable for ages 5+. A pick and mix of treasure activities including Make Your Own Bling! 10.30am -12.00 £3 per child. £7 per family. Booking required T: 01993 814106
- Treasure Hunters – Guided Family Trail – suitable for ages 5+. Wonderful things to touch and see. Join our expedition to seek out Oxfordshire’s treasures. Trails every 30 minutes from 2-4pm. £1 per child
Thursday 15th February
- Family Fun craft drop-in: Magical Mobiles. Take shapes and colours from the ‘Living Design’ exhibition and make a magical mobile. 2 – 4pm £2 per child. £5 per family