Christmas reminders on COVID testing and vaccines
People in Oxfordshire are being reminded that symptomatic COVID testing centres are operating seven days a week over the festive period, but with reduced opening hours on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
More details are available on the council’s website.
Meanwhile, as the NHS has recently confirmed significant, additional capacity has been added to the local vaccination programme in Oxfordshire - more vaccination sites are now online, including GP practices and pharmacies, and opening hours are being extended.
There are plenty of opportunities for people to get fully vaccinated:
- You can book an appointment through the national booking system (or call 119).
- If you have an appointment booked after Christmas, you can bring it forward to this week if you go onto the National Booking Service.
- You can pre-book a booster appointment two months after your second dose, with the jab taking place at the three-month marker.
- Your GP practice may get in touch with you directly to arrange an appointment.
- A number of walk-in opportunities are now available at GP practices. These are being advertised locally by GPs whenever there is availability. For a list of upcoming walk-ins, which is updated on a daily basis, please visit the CCG website.