Changes to the cabinet at Oxfordshire County Council
Highways issues at Oxfordshire County Council will be overseen by a new cabinet member with Councillor Andrew Gant taking on the portfolio.
Councillor Gant represents Wolvercote and Summertown and will be the new Cabinet Member for Highways Management and will be responsible for issues such as highway delivery operations, network management, public rights of way, walking and cycling infrastructure, streetlighting, 20mph speed limits and parking.
Meanwhile Councillor Tim Bearder who formerly held the highways role will take on the adult social care portfolio. He is replacing Councillor Jenny Hannaby who will become Cabinet Member for Community Services and Safety, which includes the fire and rescue service, the registration service, trading standards and libraries.
Councillor Neil Fawcett had previously fulfilled the role of Cabinet Member for Community Services and Safety and is standing down from cabinet.
The changes were made following the annual general meeting of Oxfordshire County Council on Tuesday 17 May.
Councillor Liz Leffman, Leader of Oxfordshire County Council, said: “It is now a year since the county council elections after which the present Fair Deal Alliance administration was formed. Most of the cabinet positions we put in place in 2021 remain as they were. However with Councillor Fawcett standing down we have made some changes.
“We have achieved a great deal in our first year as an administration and look forward to meeting the many future challenges and opportunities that are ahead of us. We welcome Councillor Gant to his new role and look forward to working with him in the coming weeks and months.”
- Councillor Liz Leffman, Leader of Oxfordshire County Council
- Councillor Liz Brighouse, Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Children, Education and Young People’s Services
- Councillor Glynis Phillips, Cabinet Member for Corporate Services
- Councillor Jenny Hannaby, Cabinet Member for Community Services and Safety
- Councillor Pete Sudbury, Cabinet Member for Climate Change Delivery and Environment
- Councillor Andrew Gant, Cabinet Member for Highways Management
- Councillor Duncan Enright, Cabinet Member for Travel and Development Strategy
- Councillor Calum Miller, Cabinet Member for Finance
- Councillor Tim Bearder, Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care
- Councillor Mark Lygo, Cabinet Member for Public Health and Equalities.