Oxfordshire care homes open their doors this Care Home Open Week
A number of care homes in Oxfordshire will be opening their doors to the public next week, with residents and staff showcasing their facilities and services through a series of events to mark Care Home Open Week (27 June to 3 July).
Care Home Open Week, coordinated by Championing Social Care, is an annual event celebrating the role care homes play in supporting local communities.
Councillor Tim Bearder, Oxfordshire County Council’s Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, said: “Care Home Open Week provides homes with the opportunity to show what they have to offer, their fantastic facilities, activities and services, reminding the public that they are there if they need support and so much more. t's also an opportunity for individuals to learn more about some of the brilliant career opportunities available within social care.
“I'm really looking forward to visiting staff and residents in some of the homes next week - discovering more about the incredible work they do and, of course, getting to know some of the residents.”
Patsy Just, Order of St John Care Trust (OSJCT)’s Regional Director for Oxfordshire, said: “Care Home Open Week celebrates the vital role that care homes play in our communities. Throughout the week, OSJCT homes are hosting free events for the public and will be showcasing our high-quality facilities and services. After a challenging couple of years, we are really delighted to be able to welcome back visitors and reconnect with our local communities.”
Events at participating Oxfordshire care homes include meeting staff, coffee mornings, gardening, arts and crafts, and much more.
Jane Wood, Marketing Manager, Oxfordshire Association of Care Providers, said: “Care Home Open Week is the perfect opportunity to showcase the fantastic career opportunities and job roles available across Oxfordshire in social care. Every day is different and incredibly rewarding – if you enjoy working with people, social care is the place for you!”
Activities summary for Order of St John Care Trust’s participating homes in Oxfordshire:
Henry Cornish Care Centre in Chipping Norton
- Come Gardening with Us, Monday 27 June at 10.30am
- Cake and Natter, Tuesday 28 June, 2 to 4pm
- Church Service, Wednesday 29 June at 2.30pm
- Meet the Manager, Thursday 30 June, 11am to 3pm
Isis House in Donnington
- Singing with Donna Chalcroft, Tuesday 28 June at 2pm
- Saxophone player, Friday 1 July at 2pm
Larkrise Care Centre in Banbury
- Pride Day, Monday 27 June, 2 to 3.30pm
- Young and Free with St Mary’s Playgroup, Tuesday 28 June 10 to 11.30am
- Larkrise Sports Day in the afternoon
Madley Park House in Witney
- Chickens visit the home, Monday 27 June
- Meet the Manager, Wednesday 29 June from 10am-12noon
- Fish ‘n’ Chips and ice-cream van, Friday 1 July
Marston Court in Oxford
- Pets as Therapy dog visit, Monday 27 June
- Coffee morning, Tuesday 28 June at 10.45 am
- Meet the Manager, Tuesday 28 June at 2pm
- Church service, Thursday 30 June at 11am
- Book Club, Thursday 30 June at 2pm
- Entertainer Doug Loveridge, Friday 1 July at 11am
Spencer Court in Woodstock
- G-Fitness with Jade, Tuesday 28 June
- Ribberty Rabbit arts and crafts, Friday 1 July
Click Sign up to hear from us and receive the latest news and updates thanks to our fortnightly newsletter, Your Oxfordshire.