Being safe, risky behaviours and relationships
The first listened to young people with mild learning disability, the second young people with a moderate disability. The third project was in partnership with Children and Family Care Service focusses on children with complex disabilities.
Each project was adapted to make it inclusive to the needs of the young people and included views on:
- taking risks
- their confidence
- sex and relationships
- online safety
- who to trust and where to go to get help when they were worried.
The young people shared top tips on keeping safe when they are on their own, out with friends, and online.
There is a short audio of young people’s voices talking about being safe and the transcript.
- Being Safe and Risky Behaviours Full Report - Phase 1 (pdf format, 335Kb)
- Being Safe and Risky Behaviours Summary Messages - Phase 1 (pdf format, 140Kb)
- Being Safe and Risky People Full Report Phase 2 (pdf format, 419Kb)
- Being Safe and Risky People Summary Phase 2 (pdf format, 219Kb)
- Being Safe Radio Voices from Disabled Children and Young People Transcript (pdf format, 184Kb)
- Being Safe Radio Voices from Disabled Children and Young People Audio (mp3 format, 8Mb)